Wednesday, August 20, 2014

San Fran 2014

We took a lovely family vacation to San Francisco, in order to attend a good friends wedding, and had such an amazing time. We stayed in Lower Nobb Hill at this quint little place called Hotel Carlton. It is a fabulous hotel that has an amazing restaurant called Saha (a mix of Middle Eastern, French, and Spanish cuisine) right inside. Not only that, but they have a charming lobby with games, books, several globes, and a fireplace that make you want to just hang out there all day. We didn't, but it felt like we could have!


I had been to SF before but didn't get a good look at the Golden Gate Bridge last time. Well this time we got an excellent view as we drove across it, twice! Such a gorgeous bridge, and extra cool now that you don't have to stop and pay a toll (the toll is automatically billed and mailed to the address linked to the license plate). That alone made the crossing less stressful and more enjoyable.







We visited Chinatown, stopping to eat dim sum and do some shopping. The kids also took advantage of the neighborhood park. This statue sat just outside the park. 



We also went to the Presidio to find one of my favorite artists, Andy Goldsworthy, nature sculptures. This is his Spire. It was huge, and it was stunning. I was mesmerized by the quick passing clouds as I stared up at the blue sky and the tip top of the spire.





I bought Rowan this Monchhichi doll in Chinatown. I have to admit that I bought it more for myself than for her. I always wanted one when I was a kid. Luckily Rowan loves it, so I don't feel too bad. I think it is adorable, but there have been a few people that have told me they think it is creepy. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!