Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tripping: Part Three

Outside of the California Science Center, where we saw the space shuttle Endeavour, is a beautiful rose garden that has been there since 1928. My friend Sarah suggested we go, and I'm very glad she did because it was lovely. The garden was huge, with lots of space for running, picnicking, and strolling. There was even a gazebo at the center. We relaxed in the shade while Afton got his wiggles out (mainly chasing squirrels). There were so many different shapes and shades of roses I couldn't decide which was my favorite! I'm going with the fluffy orange-pink blooms that I didn't get a picture of. Ha! Anyway, it was just the thing we needed after walking around all day, and it also killed some time before we had to head to Culver City to meet my friend Caren for dinner at Public School No. 310.













Sadly I didn't get any pictures of Caren or the amazing restaurant that is Public School...but if you are ever in LA, and near Culvery City, you should stop by. The food is insanely delicious (I had the Chorizo and Shrimp Campanella and the Chocolate Stout Brownie for dessert) and the set up super cool. The menus were in composition books, specials on a clip board, and napkins college rule paper. We even spotted celebrity chef Susan Feniger eating there!

2 comments:

Yes, I'd love your two cents!