Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Green Beans!

I harvested the first of my green beans last week. I've been roasting and blending the squash for Rowan, but this time I put it into some pasta along with my heirloom pear tomatoes (which I didn't have many of because they rarely make it inside since I usually eat them straight from the vine.). The jalapeno was set aside, but doesn't it look good!?





Can you tell what I decided to do with them?



As I was making them I added other ingredients like dill, yellow mustard seeds, honey, pink peppercorns, and chili flakes. 

Don't they look delicious!??!  We always buy pickled green beans from the farmer market when we go to Sedona, so I thought...why not make my own!?


I made two jars; one hot, one not. We haven't tried them yet, we are holding out as long as possible, but I did make a batch of quick pickle jalapenos and chopped green beans that turned out ridiculously good so I'm pretty sure these will be crazy good too. I'm drooling just looking at them.

1 comment:

  1. I love that feeling. Being so productive from your very own garden! You're a good Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!