Thursday, July 25, 2013

On to Years

Rowan will be a year old next month. Yikes! July has seen her sharpening and honing her skills. She crawls like a pro, mimics sounds, dances in rhythm, and can point to your nose. She has started standing for a second or two and can squat to pick things up (as long as she is holding onto something). She has such strong legs. She has even climbed half way up the stairs! 

Her hair is getting longer and it has the start of the cutest lil curls. Still she has no teeth, but her bottom gums have started to swell. She continues to be a great eater and likes many different flavors. She even likes salt and vinegar chips and has eaten some of Afton's PB&J (that she stole while I wasn't looking!). I guess she isn't allergic to peanuts. Whew! She also still nurses, which I am extremely happy about. Mostly because I love the closeness of it, and how it is just her and I for those moments. 

Rowan is such a love bug. She is already hugging her dollies and dragging them around with her. If you say "awwww sweet baby" she will lean her head in and snuggle/hug you. She also gives really great wet, open mouth kisses. Ha! 

To balance out all that cuteness, she has a wicked temper. If you do something she disapproves of (i.e. changer her diaper, tell her no) you will hear about it. I guess it's good to know what you want. Right? Luckily she is quick to recover and is right back to giggling and getting into stuff. 

I just love my girl so very very much and am so happy I get to be her mom. It's so enjoyable watching her learn and grow. I wish I could just freeze time for just a little bit.




6 comments:

  1. No teeth! Wow! My kids have most of theirs by one. But I always nurse til a year and at some point they want to bite! So it is fortunate for you if you still nurse. It is so good for them! I highly recommend breastfeeding for a year. So worth it! She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy she is still nursing too. Afton didn't latch well, so I didn't nurse him very long. I have no plan on when I will stop. I guess I will just do it until it feels like the right to stop. :)

      Delete
  2. You're a good Mom! It's fun to read all about your kids because you are writing with such a love for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aunt Jody! I'm not good at keeping a journal so this is how I'm documenting life. I hope to make a book, or two, for the kids to look through as they grow.

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy you are still breastfeeding and things were easier this go around. I SO loved that special quiet time with each of mine. Miss that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you saying how much you loved it, but I never really understood. Not until now. It is truly the best!

      Delete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!