Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Walk

The other day we had to pick up Nippon from work because his car was in the shop. We have been wanting to check out the lagoon and hill nearby so we decided to do just that. You wouldn't believe that right on the other side of this heavenly nature hike is a humongous freeway (I-5). We spotted several different kinds of birds. There was a cute mama bird (I wanna say it was a Moorhen) with several chicks swimming in one of the pools of water. Along the path there was wild fennel growing. Of course I had to try a sample. Yum! There were also these bushes with sour smelling berries on them. I later learned, at the Botanic Gardens, that it is called a Lemonadeberry. We walked along Torrey Pines lagoon until we reached the path up the hill. At the top there are several pine trees and some cellphone towers. Afton had fun running around, and even found some seashells all the way up there! Rowan loved the wind in her face and was such a good girl the whole time even though she only had one small nap that day. On the walk back Afton had fun finding bugs and sticks and other dirty boy things.

I didn't take enough pictures to do it justice. I guess I was busy looking at and enjoying how beautiful it was. Here are the few pics I did get.....






No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!