Sunday, April 17, 2011

Crying Like A Baby

Yup, that was me when Nippon left about 30 mins ago. OK, I'll be honest, I'm still puffy eyed and a bit weepy. It's the weirdest thing. I know that he will be back in 5 days, so it's not that I will miss him. I mean, I will miss him but there's just something more to it. I think I know what it is. Today signaled "the change." This is no longer "our house." I mean, we will still own it and everything but it's no longer HOME. I really like our house and where we live and our friends and having family close and well everything! This is a big step for our family. Heading out into the great unknown. It's pretty scary, and of course totally exciting.

I wasn't the only weeper. Afton (who hadn't had a nap because I wanted him to spend as much time with his daddy as possible today) started bawling. I'm talking huge crocodile tears accompanied by wails of "I want Daddy" and "I go, I go." After Nippon was gone, I took Afton to his room to read books and have some milk, hoping that he (and I) would calm down. This didn't really work too well. We both basically had a 15 minute cry-fest. After sobbing our way through two books Afton passed out. I'm sure being over-tired had a lot to do with his tears, but I know mine were from inevitable change. I guess it wouldn't feel real if there weren't some emotions involved. Right?

1 comment:

Yes, I'd love your two cents!