Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Big Move

We found a two bedroom apartment in the Carmel Mountain area of San Diego. It's a bit further inland than we wanted, but it felt like a better area for a 2 year old to run around in. There is a play area in the complex, several parks nearby, and shopping right around the corner. It's in a much less congested area than the other apartment we were going to get in La Jolla, even though it would have been awesome to live there!

Nippon starts his job on Monday, so he will leave tomorrow and stay with my bestie Jaime (which is probably the best part about moving to SD) and then go pick up the keys to the new apartment on Monday after work. He is only taking what can fit in his car which means he will be sleeping in a sleeping bag and eating on the floor. Luckily he won't have to do that for very long. He is coming back on Friday and we will pack up a U-Haul and move the rest of our stuff next weekend. That means that I need to have everything packed and ready by the time he flies back. I plan to go visit my family in Safford, so I better get a move on.

I will now leave you with a picture of Afton at Coronado Beach (from our previous trip to SD in Sept). He LOVES it there and talks about living in "Sa Deego" and going to the "beash" (beach). He actually says "California" with perfect clarity.


1 comment:

Yes, I'd love your two cents!