Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Summertime Fun!

We had a blast this summer!



Started it off right with Bill Nye the Science Guy.


A trip or two to the Air & Space Museum



Attended a farewell party for one of Afton's classmates, Tayton.



Went to the movies and saw Inside Out, which the kids throughly enjoyed and I cried throughout, basically starting with the Pixar film, Lava, before the movie even started.



Joined in celebrating another classmate, Mili's, birthday. We found out upon arrival that it was also a farewell party since she and her family were moving to Seattle that week!


It rained! And we rode bikes, stomped in puddles, and smiled from ear to ear...even though Afton did have to bust out the ear covers to keep the thundering noises at bay.




We made art!



Afton got a much needed haircut.
I have yet to take Rowan for her first cut. Should probably remedy that soon.


Made science experiments. Unfortunately I didn't get any shots of the baking soda/vinegar volcano.


Went swimming. LOTS! This time at Nina's.


Relaxed.


Visited the library at least once a week, and enjoyed music time with Little Red Riding Hood on one of those occasions. 


Hung out with friends, Sultan and Mariam, at McD's.


Went on a bike riding play date with Afton's friend Kevin and his little brother Danny. Apparently the shade of the car trunk was the only way to stay cool. It was a hot one! I mean, not Arizona hot, but it was pretty humid. We ended up in the pool. Ha!


And hit the theatre again with our friend Viviana to see The Minions. Nina and her dad met up with us too. The kids loved it!


Twas a might fine summer, if I do say so myself.




(My mother's words coming out of me...love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!