Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Curtis Visit

Some of my most favorite people in the world, The Curtis Family, came to visit San Diego this summer, and we got to spend loads of time with them. Aren't we the luckiest!?



They stayed at Campland, so we stopped on over for some chatting and park time. My bestie Jaime of course was there too, as Danielle (the mom) is her eldest sister. I've known them since before time...which is to say since I moved across the street from them when I was 6 years old. They are basically my sisters.

Afton and Trajen are just 6 months apart. They share a love of Lego, super heroes, running around like wild men, and (I'm sure) lots more. Afton tends to be shy, so I love that Trajen is consistent with his friendship to the point where he would not let Afton wriggle his way into the comfort of the sidelines.


The San Diego Zoo was our next stop. I just love how much this family enjoys being together. I still am in disbelief that Courtney is an adult, has graduated high school, and is heading to BYU Idaho to attend college this year. It seems like only yesterday that I was holding her as a newborn.


A bit of a drizzle turned into rain, so we picked up some super hip clear plastic rain ponchos. I'm positive that anytime rain and ponchos are involved, you're guaranteed a good time.


Don't we girls have style?!
I love the Disney Vans that Jaime picked out to give to Danielle. I also love that she instantly put them on.




There are a bunch of baby animals at the zoo, and this little jaguar was one of the cuties we spotted.


This shot of Chloe on an ancient extinct raptor makes me happy.


The next day we headed to La Jolla Shores for surfing and sunshine. The kids became mermaids, built sand castles, searched for sand crabs, and giggled the day away.


To finish off their visit, we checked out the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. What can I say, we like animals. *grin*



For some crazy reason I have no pictures of Danielle (other than feet) or Richard. I could have swore I had a family group picture, but for the life of me I cannot find it. Regardless of pictorial proof, they were there and we had a blast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!