Friday, April 11, 2014

Off to Arizona

I drove the kids, on my own, to Arizona to attend that random high school reunion back in March. I have never taken them anywhere overnight on my own, and jumped at the chance to do something independently. 



We only made two stops, and one of them was at Dateland. I let the kids run around and pick out a treat inside. And of course, I bought myself a bag of dates. I mean, come on, it's Dateland!


Afton found gummy Ring Pops and thought they were the greatest thing ever, though his face doesn't show it. Ha!


Unfortunately I forgot to get any pictures, but we stayed with my in-laws in Chandler that evening. We ate delicious Mexican food, watched some college basketball, and took the kids to the neighborhood park. The next day we met up with my friend Brett and drove to Safford. We stopped at the Lee Little Theatre in Thatcher to meet up with an old friend (who I graduated with and have known since preschool) who wasn't going to be able to attend the reunion. We ended up seeing another friend from our class too! I'm kicking myself for not getting any pictures, but I was so crazy excited about seeing them that I forgot. Bummer. I did snap this great pic of Brett being photo bombed by Affy though!


When we got to my parents house they had lots of fun surprises. Afton was given a box of Pokemon cards...


and the fireplace was decorated by my mom with fun handmade posters like she did for our birthdays growing up. My mom is the best!


Grandpa even got on the floor to play with the kids. Now that's love!


And that night it began.....

2 comments:

  1. Dateland? That sounds like something from potlandia. And what year reunion was this? 15? Have we really been out of HS for 15 years!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was this non-school affiliated reunion that a couple of people put together. It was mainly those who live in Safford that attended, but there were a few people who came from out of town. And yes, we are crazy old. Haha!

      Delete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!