Monday, February 17, 2014

Tennis

Afton has been asking for me to take him to play tennis for months now. I finally decided to take him to the public courts a couple of weekends ago, and by chance we were there when a high school student came to give free lessons as a Senior project. Since it was basically the first time Afton has played (he has played around at the tennis courts in Sedona, but not seriously) he was kind of dumbfounded. He didn't move his feet much, seemed to not understand instructions, and missed a lot of the balls. He got frustrated quickly and I worried that he was done with tennis before he even started. Not the case! We have gone and played a few time since and he is gets better each time. His feet are moving, he's getting the racket on more and more balls, and is surprisingly enthusiastic even if when he misses. I'm thinking we might get him into tennis lessons if he keeps it up. 





As we were driving home from the courts today he says, "Mom, did you know tennis is my favorite sport?" and "Djokovic is my favorite tennis player."  Makes this momma proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!