Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Five Years

My baby boy turned five years old on January 1st. I don't wanna talk about it.

Ha! 



Nippon's parents took us all out for some fun at Amazing Jake's. It's a super fun place with go-carts, rock wall climbing (I tried and failed...but at least I tried), bowling (thanks to Tikon for taking him bowling), kid rides (none of which Afton was interested in), arcade games (skee ball being Afton's favorite), as well as a yummy buffet (pepperoni pizza for the birthday boy). Lincon and Nancy and their kids were able to come up and enjoy some birthday fun with us too.


Afton waiting patiently to ride the go-cart.
Nippon was pretty annoyed that it took them almost an hour to ride.


While the boys waited in line, I took Rowan to the toddler area where she proceeded to go up the stairs...


and down this little ramp....over and over and over. She thought it was the greatest thing ever.


Finally made it!


Joram and Marici ready to burn some rubber.


Afton held his hat the whole ride. Look at Nippon's concentration!


Best go-cart passenger ever!
Also, notice the shirt. It's a gift from Nippon and I, his first band shirt....Vampire Weekend!


He insisted on a chocolate on chocolate cake, and AJ's Fine Foods bakery came through. Insanely delicious!
Afton was spoiled with lots of gifts (especially that Death Eater Wand from Sriya) and had an amazing (jake's) birthday. 
We love you very very much Affy.


HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY


2 comments:

  1. I'm with you about not wanting to talk about the big 5 year bday. I'm having the hardest time imagining me dropping Ella off at Kindergarten for the first time- that's only 7 months away. I'm going to lose it. Seriously. Love his tshirt:)

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!