Monday, December 16, 2013

Yes. We Go to the Zoo a Lot.

Yeah, I know I post about going to the zoo quite a bit. Wee really had fun this last time though, and I liked the pictures I captured, so there.


Afton has still been dressing up like Indiana Jones. Not as much as he did in October, but still. He asked if he could wear his "Adventurer" clothes to the zoo. Why not!?



This visit we decided that we were going to see animals that we hadn't seen in a while. We decided to skip all the other activities we normally do (turtles/tortoises, hummingbirds, giraffes, play ground, petting zoo, bus ride, and Skyfari). I had Afton picked out two animals. He chose to see the pandas and the polar bears, and we headed off. 


This is a sun bear that we passed as we made our way to see the pandas. 


Rowan spotted the macaques.


And here are the lovely B&W bears that we were in search of. Way to follow the map Indy!




Next we headed to the north pole. We couldn't find Santa, but we did spot two seal pups. One of them looks a lot like a kid I know.


Pilot Afton took his sissy for a quick adventure in the helicopter. They both were obsessed. We waited in line for them to sit in it 5 times. 


They spotted my favorite wood duck! The pattern of their feathers is so very elegant. Also, Rowan loves birds. Bird is one of the words she says over and over. Along with Spongebob and apple juice.


Ok, so I caved and we took the Skyfari back to the entrance. No reason to hike all the way back, plus it a heightened (in both senses of the word) the adventure!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!