Monday, December 16, 2013

Peter and the Wolf

Before going to the Air & Space Museum the kids and I went and saw Peter and the Wolf at the Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theater in Balboa Park. I have been wanting to check out the puppet show for a long time but we never seem to get there at the right time...until this day! I was worried that the kids weren't going to like it, but to my surprise they sat and watched the whole thing, all 30 minutes, without any crying, whining, or general annoyance. Ha! It wasn't your typical puppet show, which made it much more enjoyable. They used a single, table top puppet (Peter) and the rest was done through shadows and objects. For instance, the bird was made using garden sheers for the beak and a feather duster for the body.  All the animals were made with these found objects, and it made for a more whimsical and imaginative experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!