Saturday, November 9, 2013

Sedona 2013

Our annual trip to Sedona was excellent again this year. Last year, Rowan was colicky and not big enough to enjoy anything. It was nice to see her running around and having fun with her brother this year.


This is a morning view from our balcony.



The kids liked running around the table on the balcony and peering out at Snoopy Rock.




We finally visited the Chapel of the Holy Cross. We've always meant to go, but for some reason or another we didn't. It is such a pretty little chapel, with an interesting history (click on that link to read all about it), and it is in a breathtaking spot.


These are shots from outside the chapel...





Inside...
 Mom taught Afton how to pray like a Catholic. Ha!





These are more shots from the outside. Funny how I didn't get the outside view of the chapel in any picture. I guess the red rocks were pretty enough!





This is the same view from the balcony, except that the sun is going down. I could take pictures of that view all day. And I did.



Delicious food was constant. The restaurants were all fabulous, especially this new pizza place called Pisa Lisa. All I have to say is figs and caramelized onions. Drool. Since we stay in a suite with a large kitchen, we cooked (and by we I mean my brother and sister in law) every night. We even grilled by the pool twice, and roasted marshmallows for smores at the fire pit. I'm pretty sure if there wasn't hiking involved in this vacation I would have gained 10 lbs.

On this day we ate lunch at Rene in the Tlaquepaque shopping area (which is a fabulous place to wander around and window shop) and then headed to Bell Rock. Rowan couldn't get enough of this fountain.




Indy and his dad all ready to hike. Yes, he did wear the whole outfit (including a whip) while hiking. What can I say, Indiana Jones is an adventurer.



Which way?



Cairns!



Courthouse Butte






Bell Rock



The view.





Sedona is such an amazing place. No words can truly describe how much happiness it brings to my family, and it's a tradition I never want to end.

5 comments:

  1. The pictures make me feel warm sitting here cold under this blanket! I love the last shadow picture. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are some amaizing picture

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tlaquepaque is also a wonderful place to get married:) I LOVE Sedona, you're so lucky to have such a wonderful family tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I not remember that you were married at Tlaquepaque?! What a perfect spot! You know, I always think about you every time we go to Sedona. I always want to stop in and get a piece of cake at Cake Couture.

      Delete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!