Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Nates Butt Farm...I mean, Bates Nut Farm

My excellent friend Barbara called me up early on an October Saturday morning and invited us to meet them at Bates Nut Farm. I had never heard of it but apparently it is very well known pumpkin patch, and is visited by many San Diegans. It took a good 40 minutes to get there but it was well worth the drive. There were lots of booths set up, like a street fair, with food trucks and live music. There was a petting zoo, pony rides, bouncy houses, and hay rides. The kids did some jumping and I ate a delicious chicken pesto crepe. Lance, Barb's husband, took Afton through a hay maze. Since Lance only has girls, I think he had fun hanging out with a boy. We finished up with a hay ride and picking out our pumpkins. Afton insisted we get one white (a ghost pumpkin, as he calls them) and one orange pumpkin. Actually, he wanted 8 white and 8 orange. I don't know where he got that number but it was turned down. The only thing that was a little annoying (other than Barbara's family being turned around on the drive to the pumpkin patch because of a car accident) was the wind. It was very windy at first but eventually calmed down. We had a fabulous time and hope to go back again next year!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!