Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Day Away

My friend Barbara invited me to attend her sister Rachel's bridal shower. We all grew up in the same small town, graduated from the same school, and are now living in San Diego. I had originally planned to take Rowan with me but Nippon said that he would watch the kids.  ?!?!?!?!?!?!  What he didn't realize was that this meant I was going to take full advantage of this freedom. Bwahahaha!

The shower was held in El Cajon which is about a 45 min drive from my house. It was nice turning  up the music and driving in peace. I like going to new places, and it was fun seeing parts of San Diego that I had never seen before. The shower turned out super cute, with yummy food, and silly games. It was nice to chat with adults and not have a baby to chase around or hold. Rachel is a sweetheart and I'm very excited for her and her new life.



After the shower Barbara and I were not ready to go back to being "mommy" just yet. We decided to go to Old Town for some margaritas but followed some wrong directions and ended up in Little Italy. This was a happy mistake because I hadn't been down there before. I've driven passed it yes, but never have stopped and enjoyed how lovely it is. There were so many cute shops, whimsical building designs, delicious looking restaurants, and lots of public art.We picked a spot to get a drink and chatted and chatted and chatted, until Nippon called with a desperate plea to come home. As we strolled back to the car we stopped at Filippi's Pizza Grotto because they have a little grocery store in the front where they sell fresh mozzarella. It was divine! I could eat it like an apple. I squishy, salty, cheesy, apple. Ha! Thanks again Barbara, for inviting me for a much needed time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!