Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Holiday 2012

Yeah, it's February. I know. Better late than never, right?

Our Christmas was super fantastic! Afton was really REALLY into Christmas this year which made for a memorable Christmas morning. We decided to stay in San Diego for Christmas morning so that Santa could leave the kids presents at home and not make their parents have to haul them to another state. 

I woke up first with anticipation of Afton's response to Santa's arrival. When he came down the stairs he was dumbstruck. Seriously. He couldn't talk and actually froze. He just stared and stared. He couldn't believe that Santa had really come. It took convincing from Nippon and I for him to finally go inspect his gifts. I must say that Christmas is infinitely more fun with children. It's magical.


Of course the first thing he went for is this plush Poke Ball. It's like a Popple (anyone remember those?) in that when you open it and push it inside out it becomes a Pikachu (his favorite Pokemon).




This is the dumping of the stocking. In his hand is a pack of Pokemon cards. Have I mentioned he is obsessed with Pokemon? He is.


He had a lot of fun ripping.


Rowan had a lot of fun staring. At least she wasn't crying!


Nippon received an awesome Helle knife from Santa, or dagger as Afton refers to it as. I looked and looked but apparently I did not take a picture of his sweet knife with a walnut handle. But it is inside that tube. Promise.


Afton showing Rooey the book he got her.




And the big present! A bike. Just what Afton asked Santa for. He is getting really good at riding. I've loved watching him improve with every bike ride. He even makes it to the park and back (a little over a mile).

I received some gorgeous CZ earrings and an Apple TV, which I love because now I can watch Netflix in bed!!! Thank you Santa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!