Saturday, November 24, 2012

Tres Mes

Oh what three months can do! It's like I have a real baby. About a week ago Rowan started acting more comfortable in this world. She actually laughs, even babbles back when you talk to her! It kills me. I'm so in love.

Nippon's family came to visit for Thanksgiving and they were floored at the change. They last saw Rowan when we were in Sedona, and she would scream and cry if anyone but her mama held her. Now she smiles and cooed back and them. I've never seen my mother-in-law so happy. Ok, so maybe that's a little overboard, but she was VERY happy to be able to hold her and play with her.

She doesn't have a doctor appt until the end of December, but I'm going to guess that she is around 11 lbs.
She has the cutest ears that stick out ever so slightly. Adorable.
She LOVES the outdoors. If she is fussy we just take her in the backyard and she calms down.
Hates her carseat to the max. I have to carry her around in the Baby Bjorn everywhere (my poor back!). I thought she would get better about riding in her seat, but no.
She is still sleeping in 3-4 hour increments at night. I actually don't mind it because she eats and goes right back to sleep. Also, she sleeps with me still, making it quick and easy to get her fed and back to sleep. Her daytime naps are a whole other story. Afton had such a good schedule when he was a baby, which happened organically without any problems. He would take long and frequent naps. Rowan is a cat napper most of the time, with 15min-45min naps. Then some times she will have random 2-4 hour naps. I can't plan around naps because I never know when she is going to take one!


Happy three months sunshine!

Afton adores her. He loves hugging and snuggling her, especially in the mornings.

2 comments:

  1. They are the bosses aren't they! Jack did whatever he wanted too- short/long naps, waking every 3hrs, only his mama could hold him. A part of me even misses snuggling/feeding him in the middle of the night. It's such a peaceful time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth! Totaly boss. It's like she laughs at me when I try to put her on a bit of a schedule, or try to put her down even, but her laughs are screams that turn her face purple. Ha! She is GREAT at nursing, which is different from Afton who had a really hard time with it. I know what you mean by it being peaceful. She is just so happy and content.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!