Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloweenie 2012

Afton was totally into Halloween this year. It's a good thing too because the neighborhood we live in is packed full of kids. Nippon took Afton around and he returned home with a basket full of loot. Nippon said he had a lot of fun but there were a few houses, one that had scary music playing, that he wouldn't go to. At home we had tons of trick-or-treaters (I thought we might run out of candy at one point) which I loved because I got to see all the cute and scary costumes. Aunt Jaime came over and kept Rowan and me company while passing out candy. We chatted with all the kids and made them earn their treats, like making the kid dressed as a Jabbawockeez bust a move. Next year I may have to steal my mom's idea of dressing as a witch and having the kids ride a broom in order to get their treat. 

Unfortunately I was having so much fun that I forgot to take pictures during the festivities. Luckily I got some photos of Afton dressed up earlier that day, as well as a couple from when he first tried on his costume. Sorry the pictures are so blurry. All my pics on the blog lately have been from my cell phone and I think there were finger prints on the lens or possibly shaky hands. Oh well.


Leonardo


I took Afton to his favorite indoor play place to attend Preschool Power Hour where they decorated cupcakes to look like tarantulas.


The kids and Miss Brittany


There was another Ninja Turtle, Raphael, there. Afton and he were instant best friends. They ran around together and  pretended to karate chop everything. Insanely cute.


Melody was dressed as a peacock. Probably my favorite costume of all. 




I had to throw in a picture of the girl even though I didn't dress her up. BUT there is a jack-o-lantern in the background, so I'm still considering it a Halloween pic. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Afton is the cutest Ninja Turtle. I like your idea of making the trick-or-treaters earn their candy. I will have to do this next year. Rowan is getting big!

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!