Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Rath Bricks

One of these days I will have this trip completely documented! I'm getting closer though.

We visited the location where Rath bricks are made. Nippon and I had been to the old location a few trips back, but this is the new spot and it has a much bigger smelter and an extremely vast production area. The workers live on site with their families and were happy to show us around. I had just read an article about child labor and slavery within the brick manufacturing industry and was relieved to learn that the children were not involved in production and were running around happily. Of course it could have all been a lie, I doubt anyone would willing provide that information, but I choose to believe my family members and the workers that I saw.

The kids were so cute and showed us around. Besides learning about the brick making process, we got to see some adorable baby chicks, mama cow and calf, goats, and a very friendly dog. of course I didn't take any pictures of those things because I was busy watching the kids and chatting and looking at stuff, but here are the pictures I did snap.....












These last two were taken on the drive to the factory. Beautiful rice fields for miles and miles and miles. Such a lovely view.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!