Monday, March 3, 2014

Chewy Honey Yummy

I did it! Yes, I finally made the Chewy Honey Cookies my mom gave me the recipe for back in December. Why did it take so long, you ask? No idea. If I had remembered fully how delicious they are, and knew that Nippon and the kids would love them as much as I, then I would have made several dozen between the holidays and now. They really turned out fabulous; slight crunch, with a chewy bite. And to my surprise, they were even better the next day. Yummmmm! Thank you madre!




Recipe:

Cream together:
3/4 cup of shortening
1 cup sugar
1/4 c honey
1 egg

Mix in a separate bowl or plastic bag (gal size):
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp cloves
3/4 tsp ginger

Mix w/ dry ingredients.

Roll into ball and dip one side in sugar.
Cook on 375 for 8- 10 min.
Do not overbake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!