Friday, September 17, 2010

It's Potty Time!



I bought Afton this potty chair a while back and have slowly been getting him use to it. He used it a couple of time but nothing consistent. This last week he has really jumped on the potty training wagon. He uses it several times a day to go pee, and yesterday actually pooped in it!!! His face was hilarious. He seemed dumbfounded as to what it was. I made a big deal about it, clapping and giving high fives, so he became excited as well. We did a happy dance to the bathroom and I let him flush it (his favorite part) and washed our hands (his second favorite part). I'm so proud of him. My technique isn't anything special. I take him over to the potty every hour or so and let him try. I think the process of taking the potty to flush it is the part he enjoys so I haven't had to use any other incentives, i.e. treats, stickers or presents. He tends to go to corners and hide when he poops, so I took the chair to one of his regular spots and gave him some privacy. This did the trick. I know we are just at the beginning, but it's nice knowing that he understands and is willing to do it.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Want to come to my house and help Emmie out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Afton and Heather. How exciting! I can't wait until Ella is potty trained:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh the joys of motherhood that i will one day be welcomed with! :) at least you'll be there to share your tricks of the trade.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!