Saturday, April 18, 2015

Preparations

These are pictures from the day and night before Om's thread ceremony.



The women painted their feet, called Alta.


The alley next to the house was lined with vibrate colored cloth.



Afton loved riding on the scooter!


Om.


Jublee.


Little.


Nippon's mehindi.


These next few shots are of Chortu's hands.




I asked Chortu if I could take his picture, and this is the face he gave me. 



So I said, "how about a SMILE?!" 

:D


My mehindi.


Joram's mehindi.


The decorations; Ganesha, flowers.


Mantu checking on every detail, and making sure it was done right. 
Behind him is where the kitchen was cooking up heaps of sweet treats in humongous pots and frying pans. They gave me a freshly fried ladoo. Drooollllll....


The swing. A fun meeting spot for the cousins.
(Afton, Subom, Joram Chortu, Rowan)


Pretty lil Apoorba.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!