Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Arizona: Mt. Graham

Next stop, Mt. Graham! I can't count how many times I've made this drive. There's something about this straight road, like an arrow, that signals the change that is about happen. Leaving the hot, dusty, brown desert behind and making way to the cool, stream covered (more so when I was younger), green of the Coronado National Forest. 






We stayed at our good friends family cabin. I have many wonderful childhood memories here hiking, playing games, reading books, and sleeping on the loft.




Words can't express how much I enjoyed spending time with my family. We ate delicious food, played lots of games (Afton became a pro at Pick up Sticks), went on a little hike, had conversations packed with laughter, swung on rope swings (with a couple of missed trapezing maneuvers and tree mishaps), and just enjoyed being together. 







I threw this picture in from my Grandma's house because I love the way the sky looks. We stopped by after our sleepover on Mt. Graham. You can't see it in this picture, but she has a fabulous view of the mountain.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes, I'd love your two cents!