Friday, July 1, 2011

MIA

So I've been missing for a while now, and hopefully I will be found soon. Ha! We finally set up our desktop which has all my pictures and bookmarks and stuff on it. Yes, I have had access to the internet, but I really hate typing a lot on the laptop which is why I haven't been posting since we moved to San Diego. Also my camera is full and I still need to upload all the images so that this blog can have current pics. Anyhoo, enough with excuses.

We have been in beautiful San Diego for over two months now. We LOVE the weather, especially after seeing the soaring temps in Phoenix. I'm definitely not missing the 110+ degrees. I have had my issues adjusting to all the pollen here though. My allergies were awful for the first month. Not only was I sneezing but it aggravated my asthma and I've gone through 2.5 (!!) inhalers since arriving. Not fun. But it seems that my body is adjusting (or course right before I go to the doctor next week) and we've been able to take evening walks to the park without me coughing and wheezing the whole way.

I'm pretty sure that I will get more visitors here than I ever did in Tempe. No question. A couple weeks after moving in Nippon's cousin Mick stayed with us. Even my mom has already come to visit, which is super awesome. Several other family members were in town too (for my cousin's graduation...CONGRATS CORBIN!) so we all got together for a BBQ, went to the beach in Coronado, hit up the zoo, shopped in Old Town, and just relaxed and enjoyed each others company. Then my sister and brother-in-law came and we found some yummy new places to eat (Crab Hut is my new food craving), went to the beach (of course) and did some hanging out. Next visitor is my brother Lee in August. I love that people want to come visit, even if it is not just to see me but to visit this awesome city that we were lucky enough to move to. Once we move into a house it will be much more comfortable.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry- we'll come to visit. You are more than welcome to come to Kearney, NE! We can shuck some corn and ride horses.

    ReplyDelete

Yes, I'd love your two cents!